There are two ways in which you can reach this majestic place. Each option gives you a more option to see other places aside from your target - Sagada.
You can either take the Manila-Banaue-Sagada Route or the Manila-Baguio-Sagada Route.
Option 1: Manila-Banaue-Sagada Route
The best option probably is to take the Manila-Banaue-Sagada Route. I might be bias because this was the route we took when I went there. As per my experience this route offers a more scenic view of the Banaue Rice Terraces. Would you turn that down?
- Take a Florida Bus (the pink one) in Espana Manila (near UST). Its in Lacson Street actually. Buses leaves at 10pm everyday. Better yet reserve your ticket one day in advance if you are travelling on a Thursday or Friday. Tickets are sold for Php550-600. Travel time is 8 hours.
- Charter a jeep going to Sagada. Once you arrive in Banaue do not panic where will you go! There are people who will ask you if you are going to Sagada. These people eventually will ask you to charter them going to Sagada. The jeep going to Sagada from Banaue cost Php700. opps... Wait you don't have to pay for the whole because I am very sure that if you are coming on a Thursday or Friday there will be other tourist to join the chartered jeep. We manage to get a handful of tourist and as a result we ended up paying less than Php70.00 each. Travel time is 4 hours.
- Another advantage of this is the jeep you hired will make some stop overs at the tourist spots in Banaue i.e. Banaue Rice Terraces, souvenir shops etc.
- Plus you can meet some friends who can be your travel buddy. This is quite an economical advantage since you can slip the tour guide fees in Sagada. Much better if can form a group of ten to fully maximize the tour guide.
Option 2: Manila-Baguio-Sagada Route
If you are coming from the north already like Tarlac or Pangasinan this route is the best for you. In this route you do not have to worry of the transportation because there are plenty of bus going to Baguio and the Sagada bound buses in Baguio has a frequent schedule of departure.
- Take a bus bound to Baguio. It would be better to leave Manila or atleast arrive in Baguio early on the morning. Fare cost Php455.00 regular bus from Manila. Travel time is 6 hours. copyright www.gobaguio.com
- Take a bus going to Sagada. Take the Lizardo Bus bound to Sagada in Dangwa Bus Terminal. Dangwa bus terminal is located in Magsaysay Ave in front of the public market. Its actually walking distance from Victory Liner Station. Walk down Session road towards the public market the turn right to Magsaysay Ave. Walk until you see a KFC then turn right. Walk and you will see the bus terminal. Travel time is 6 hours. Fare is Php200-250.
- Good thing about this route is that you will get to see and experience the Philippines highest highway. =)
Transportation Expenses Sample:
Manila-Banaue = Php550
Banaue-Sagada = Php100
Sagada-Baguio = Php200
Baguio-Manila = Php500
TOTAL = Php1,350.00
I hope this helps your vacation planning.
Happy Travels =)